Monday, May 4, 2009

The circle of life....

I do believe that time is winding down here in this imperfect world for my gramps. The last several months have been rough on him physically and I sense his mind and spirit are not too far behind. Just recently, he told me that he was ready to go "home" whenever the Lord called him and was peaceful and rather matter of fact about it. I have no doubt that preparations for him in Heaven are wrapping up and his welcoming committee is tending to the final touches to make his homecoming perfect.
While still emotional about it, I am at peace ( as much as one can be) about the events that lie ahead. I know where he is going and that I will see him again. I find myself in very intimate conversations with God about it. As taxing and tiring as this calling has been, I still find myself in awe of the fact that the Lord appointed me to be the one to see my grandparents through to the end of their days here on this earth.
As their earthly bodies wear out, and my decisons get more difficult, my prayer continues to be; that wisdom would guide me in giving them dignity and safety, that discernment would walk beside me and whisper in my ear when doctors wishes are one thing and the grandparents wishes are another, and that clarity would keep my eyes and my heart open to the decisions that best serve my grandparents and the Lord's will.

2 comments:

  1. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your Gramps. I know all too well the difficult decisions and challenges that lie ahead, but they will all be "easy" when the time comes. The Lord and your heart will lead you down the right path and you will be at peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish everyone could have someone like you taking care of them in their golden years.

    ReplyDelete