Thursday, July 2, 2009

Enemy Territory

Proceeding my statement of intent to help, I had learned of terrible things that had gone on there and I again felt my heart breaking. I left with my mind racing, trying to figure out how I could get her out of that situation. At the same time, in the back of my mind, I realized that I was getting in way over my head. I could not understand why none of her six children were not helping her out and I felt driven to do what I could to save her.
My sweet husband has been so supportive of my many passionate endeavors and this situation was no different. When I came home telling of her dire situation, he not only supported me getting her an air conditioner, but suggested getting two. I love the generosity of his heart.
However, as the story of this family member and her surrounding relatives ( of whom I do not know) unfolded, I think I started to become aware of the real danger that accompanied this mission. My husband felt it as well and was overcome with a sense of deep foreboding. That stopped me in my tracks and lead me to pray for the direction to move in next. The name of the pastor at my grandparents church kept coming to mind, so I decided to make an appointment with him.
As I drove to my meeting the following morning, I asked God for absolute clarity and discernment. I wanted to help her, but was feeling very uneasy.

3 comments:

  1. Holy cow woman, you are an angel on earth. I need to know more of this story....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soooooooo glad that you listened...but I don't want to give the plot away...

    ReplyDelete